Technology Dominates the Home Buying Process
Consumers use technology for just about everything, including looking for and buying a home. A recent independent poll commissioned by Versta Research finds that 89 percent of homebuyers use some form of online technology in the home buying process; of those, 76 percent feel technology made them a smarter buyer, and 69 percent said it made them more confident.
A better buyer
- * Almost half of all homebuyers say that technology helped them save money
- * 92% say technology helped save time
- * Most buyers (90%) report an overall positive experience
Technology use addictive
While technology dominates the home buying process, with nine out of 10 buyers using online resources, many say it can get out of hand – two-thirds say that, for them, checking online property listings reached the point of becoming addictive.
The top three ways people use online resources in the home buying process are:
- * 83% look at real estate listings
- * 72% use online maps to explore neighborhoods
- * 71% use email, apps or websites to submit documents to lenders
- * Of the 83% of buyers who checked online listings, 78 percent did so at work
- * Nearly all (93 percent) technology users say it allowed them to do things remotely they otherwise would have had to do in person
“Technology is a great resource for buyers because it gives them access to online property listings, allows them to preview homes and find reviews on real estate agents and mortgage lenders. It’s truly changing the home buying process, and the result is a more confident, informed buyer,” says T.J. Freeborn, senior manager of customer experience at Discover Home Loans.
Technology’s impact on real estate agents
Technology dominates the home buying process, and it’s becoming a bigger part of the real estate agent-buyer relationship.
- * The real estate agent’s role remains critical. Even with technology, 83% of respondents worked with a real estate agent
- * 74% of buyers feel it’s important for their real estate agents to be tech savvy
- * However, 82% say their agent was tech savvy
- * In communicating with agents though, nearly all (98%) communicate through phone calls
- * Of buyers who worked with agents, 42% felt they did most of the work to initially find a property
Our agents provide superior customer service backed by innovative marketing and cutting edge technology, which has catapulted Metro City Realty’s unique brand to the forefront of real estate offices in Orlando, Florida. Because technology dominates the home buying process, we have many resources available for every type of buyer. We have an interactive detailed map search to find current MLS listings on our site and a mortgage payment calculator to estimate your monthly payment. We provide property email alerts to save your searches and have new listings that meet your criteria emailed directly to you, community lifestlye data and other demographics for various neighborhoods within Orlando, and much more!
Contact us today to assist you in finding your dream home!
Source: “89% of buyers say technology makes them smarter,” Florida Realtors