Orlando Real Estate and Community News
Always stay informed with the latest Orlando real estate news and community news from local sources, all here at Metro City Realty!
Check out our blog for even more community and real estate news for the Orlando and Central Florida area!
“The mission of Florida Realtors is to advance Florida’s real estate industry by shaping public policy on real property issues; encouraging, promoting and teaching consistent standards for ethical practice and professionalism; and building on the efforts of local Boards/Associations to provide the information and tools members need to succeed.”
- May home construction slips 0.9%
- Lenders must accept private flood insurance policies after July 1
- Fed likely to leave rates alone but signal readiness to cut
- Activists want to stop landlords from turning away ex-cons
- Get over staging fright to help sell a home
- A 'blooper room' listing photo can doom an entire sale
- Brokers: Get focused agent training on specific topics
- Rental scams so common that some owners police Craigslist
- Opportunity Zones: Real estate dominates the tax breaks
- Why aren't boomers downsizing their homes?
Bungalower is a community-focused local news website that covers and champions the Downtown Orlando area and surrounding neighborhoods. Their coverage area includes most of the neighborhoods within five miles of Orlando. Some of these popular and local neighborhoods are Thornton Park, Colonialtown, College Park, and Delaney Park, as well as the nearby Baldwin Park and Winter Park areas.
- Local Main Street hosting “State of the Milk” event, July 31
- Chief Rolon boxes Amazon facial recognition pilot program
- FusionFest to host five-minute film fest next month
- Second Harvest’s “Map the Meal Gap” report looks to feed children in Central Florida
- Mennello Museum of American Art wants to show your work
- Frosty’s and Fuel sell to new owners
- Bungalower’s Foxy Day: July 22, 2019
- COOL JOB ALERT: SWAN BOAT ATTENDANT
- There’s a vacant restaurant space on Park Avenue
- Rusty Spoon has new owners
The official website for Downtown Orlando provides information on local business development, neighborhood guides, Lake Eola event information, and more in Downtown Orlando.
- Downtown Indoor Farmers Market by TheDailyCity.com
- Lip Sync For Lungs Live Battle
- 3rd Thursday Gallery Hop
- Champions Welcome Home pres. by Rasmussen
- 2019 City Summer Showcase
- Wall St Plaza’s Margarita Fest 10
- 4th annual Tequila Tasting in Orlando
- 3rd Thursday Business Networking: Fatt Celebration
- Valencia College’s Accelerated Skills Training Programs
- Mexican Gastronomic Festival “Ven a Comer”
The Orlando Business Journal provides the latest breaking business news for Orlando and surrounding areas.
- More Orlando households now can afford to buy an entry-level home
- Why mid-size cities struggle to catch up to superstar cities
- US building permits fall by the most since 2017
- How the $60M Amelia Court apartments are part of a bigger workforce push
- Gentrification ‘benefits local residents’, research finds
- Apartment complex opens as 1st part of $1.5B Creative Village
- Cities and builders face ‘hornet’s nest’ to meet affordable housing needs
- Metro Orlando mortgage delinquency rate dropped in April
- Expert: Here's how Orlando can continue to fight the affordable housing crisis
- 2019 Readers' Choice: Orlando's best in real estate & construction
Find theme parks, hotels, and tickets with Orlando’s official vacation planning resource, Visit Orlando. Orlando is the most visited destination in the United States, and Visit Orlando’s vision is to be the most visited destination in the world!
Visit Orlando’s calendar of theme park events, sporting events, festivals, live performances, parades, and more!
Learn about exciting upcoming events, perfect for visitors and residents alike.